Forums Phil’s World – Andior The World, Andior Thanks Phil!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Phil I want to thank you for a solid and entertaining campaign. I hope to never dumb-luck myself into another such overpowered character again.

Yes, cheers to you Phil! It was a very good story and an interesting ‘play in the bubble’ campaign. I enjoyed it very much.

Doogn
    Participant

Nicly done Phil, I know it isn’t easy but you seem to have a nack for it.

Azarkain (Phil)
    Participant

Thank you, fellow adventurers.

This one was a story I wanted to tell. Thank you for populating it with fun and entertaining characters.

My goal was to throw in a few elements untried before (aging) and my original intention was to continue the aging, possibly killing off a few as they aged out during the final battle, Alas, that would suck as a character so I curtailed by initial urges, restored everyone to a more youthful state, yet kept them empowered for the final battle. As we all get older and do things like throw out our backs because the toaster popped and surprised us, I thought it would be interesting to bring that into the game.

I also wanted to power up some. My last few campaigns were low-power without the benefits of the higher levels of D&D. There was a flaw that became more evident with each level, which Ron will realize as we continue this next adventure — things get very crazy very quickly. Monsters suddenly need ACs of 36 and 400 HPs to survive 3 rounds. Damage has to ramp up to a point that it’s either instantly fatal or barely a challenge. I tried to walk that line, going as far as weakening the final fallen angel as he lost life.

Some fun things:
    The Kindred Mage was not intended to be a powerful ally, he was intended to be a hellish foe if you didn’t neutralize him. Though he contributed little after he was de-kindred’d, his power as a foe was a battle-turner.

The Fallen Angel’s final task to ascend to full demon lord was to suck the life out of Hengar, a near-immortal. Hengar had 1000 HP and fast heal of 30 per round. He was down to 18 HP at one point in the final battle. If the demon had sucked the life out of him — and he tried twice — he would have gained 200 more HP (level up) and gained several more powers, including fast heal 50 instead of fast heal 25.

I wanted to include Stori in the final battle, She got lost along the way. As she’s part celestial, she may show up again should I ever run again.

All in all, I enjoyed running and hope everyone enjoyed it as well. We haver a unique thing going as not many groups are almost religious about playing weekly. We seem to manage about 45 weeks a year so yeah, that’s weekly.

A sincere Thank You for being part of the adventure, both on and off the table.

Phil

You definitely drew a tough hand when you got two Paladins in a campaign centered around evil outsiders. Smite is a broken mechanic made to make otherwise middle-of-the-road fighters shine now and then, especially in boss fights, but we got to use it in pretty much every battle, and then times two. My hope is to play out my remaining campaigns, however many I get, playing more complex and flawed characters with significant weaknesses that make them more challenging to play, but probably easier to challenge.

Azarkain (Phil)
    Participant

As I have said before, the DM created the world but he doesn’t get to decide who saves it.
    I genuinely liked this group of characters but man, they were a hard lot to kill thanks to Paladin’s sacrifice, which saved at least a half-done lives if not more.

Ford
    Participant

Though it may not always appear so, I do enjoy the storytelling and appreciate the dedication of our doogins. Phil is always going to throw something in to add a bit of timeclock or outside distraction that will make it memorable. And adding an invasive evil to world is always a fun concept to run with. Well done and well spaced out.

I was determined to figure out how to use an Evoker and added that to my first ever gnome. Wish I had a better grasp from the beginning, but always enjoy the characters along the way (they can’t all be Mr. Horns), as well as the other characters brought to the table.

Looking forward to another Andior tale down the road and looking forward to getting back to playing Ford for another bout. (see Ford writeup)

And overall, I enjoy Tuesdays.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.